Thursday, May 23, 2013

VINTAGE SHOPPING: THE "AHA" MOMENT

I poke around used clothing stores a lot.  Some people have a retro sense of style, but for me it's more about the thrill of the hunt and finding something perfect for dirt cheap.  A lot of the time, clothes just look used and you feel like you're shopping around in someone's closet, which isn't too far from the truth. A more accurate description is that you're shopping around in a bunch of people's closets.  Conceptually, that's kind of gross, so I try not to think about it too much.

But sometimes there is that moment when you see something that just inherently belongs to you, there is a spark of recognition, an "Aha!  There you are!" moment, which is a signal of success. If I don't have that moment, I don't go for it, and I've learned to listen for that instinct.    

I bought that purse shown above a while back.  I was looking for a cross-body bag in a light color, and one day, there it was, waiting for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...