Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WHY I LIKE EMMANUELLE ALT

Photo Via High Heel Times
Emmanuelle, if you don't know her, is the editor-in-chief of Vogue, Paris, and I'm a little fascinated by her style. And then there is something else. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. That is, until I saw this picture. 

She is the woman on the far right, and the only woman wearing jeans. There are many pictures of Emmanuelle floating around in the internet universe, but most of those are of her standing by herself. I prefer this one.

It's hard to capture inherent qualities in a photograph, the ones that flow from inside a person, but I think this one does a pretty good job of it. If you look at Emmanuelle, there is an integrity there. It doesn't matter where she is or who she's with, she does't alter herself to suit the occasion - I really didn't notice that until now. You don't notice these things until you look at her next to other people. I gather from the other ladies that this is a dressy event,* and they have made themselves up for the occasion. From Emmanuelle, she just looks like herself: glowing, relaxed, calm. Not too much makeup, not too much fuss with her hair. I love that. 


*Do you ever notice, when a bunch of dressed up people stand together, it can add up to too much? When you have one person, dressed up, standing alone - that's okay. Two people - that's stretching it, but still not visually offensive. Three plus people, all dressed in to kill - really is murder on your eyes. Too much stimulation. Too many alluring expressions. Too much competition for your attention. It means to draw you in, but ends up kicking you away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...