Tuesday, June 16, 2015

NEW DAILY HABITS

Nepal bamboo and nature vegetables

Recently, there have been two habits, and only two, that I have decided to incorporate into my daily routine. Neither of them involves meditation. There have been a lot of articles about meditation floating around so I think everyone alive now knows that they should meditate. No, the two things that I suspect will improve my life are these:

This is a site where you to type in a word, which the site will then email to you at daily intervals until this new word becomes a part of your long term memory. I plan on keeping this open on my browser so that anytime I run across a word, I can type it right in. A good way to expand your vocabulary, yes?

I have this article saved onto my phone using the Pocket app and I'm going to review it every other day to make sure I'm still in alignment. I have no articles saved on this app. There are very few things I feel the need to read on repetition. What this article offers is perspective. It offers the concept of Stoicism distilled into 9 key principles, each of which is crucial to remind you how to live a life in accordance with your beliefs. Because sometimes we stray. Sometimes we need a way to pull ourselves back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...