Thursday, January 24, 2013

INDECISION IS THE DEVIL


Source: Stress Intervention

By the way, this post has nothing to do with religion.  When I say "the devil," I am talking about nothing more sinister than a behavior that may drive you insane, and then take you to hell.  By "hell" of course, I mean the house of the satan.  All clear?  Moving on.

I have noticed that there are some behaviors that make being alive much more difficult than it has to be.   One of these (yes, there are more than one) is being indecisive.   Sometimes I find myself agonizing over - and there is no better way to say this - some fairly stupid decisions.  I'm not deciding whether or not to donate bone marrow to a child molester, I'm trying to decide which pair of basic black boots to buy.  I am too ashamed to admit how much time I spent agonizing over this decision, suffice to say, there is a reasonable amount of time that one could spend, and I overshot that by a mile.

When I realized how much of my precious life I was wasting, I decided to just pick something, anything, just to end the indecision.  When I did, it was such a huge relief for something so small.  Finally!  Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...