Thursday, January 10, 2013

MY BRAIN IS FAT





Pretty pictures!  I love staring at pretty pictures - I mean, that room is perfect - the glossy black end table with the acrylic ashtray, the grey color palate, the arching floor lamp (OMG, is that IKEA?).  I could stare at that picture for hours...and unfortunately, I probably have.  I used to subscribe to glossy magazines, but blogs have replaced that, their content is updated daily.  It's funny, how some of our habits don't change, they just evolve.

Now the bad part: how to say this...at some point in time, my brain stopped fitting into its fat pants.  My memory was shot.  Names and words on the tip of my tongue stayed there and died.  I began to suspect that snacking on a diet of pretty pictures was making me dumber.  My vocabulary had taken a nose dive off a metaphorical cliff.

No, let's not be dramatic here; I've found the best solutions are usually the simplest ones.  I just need to limit the amount of time spent staring at pictures which, I think, are too easily processed, and more time making my brain work a little harder - possibly by reading, possibly by formulating and articulating ideas.

With that in mind, I will intentionally limit the visual content of this blog, because I don't want to add to the aforementioned "fat brain" (Also, I would have to troll the web for pics).  Ironically, most of the blogs I like to look at are beautiful, and even inspiring, and I wouldn't even have bothered starting this one if others hadn't paved the way.  Ironic, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...